Atta texana projects

Ideas, techniques, problems and issues associated with keeping Leaf Cutting Ants in Captivity
ParaponeraJack
Egg

Atta texana projects

Post by ParaponeraJack » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi all! I am located in Texas and I'll be procuring an enormous amount of Texas leafcutter ants here in the next few months and was wondering if y'all have any tips on care? I plan on being a GAN farmer with them so what's the best idea for establishing many small colonies? I'm planning on sticking multiple nests in an aquarium on pedestals above water to keep temperature and humidity. If there's an easier way or any tips specific to Atta or Atta texana don't hesitate to reach out to me. my email is alligatorsnapper45@gmail.com

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Atta texana projects

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Sounds like a great idea. Id be interested in your colonies if you get them up and going. I am sure a few people on here would want to talk to you. But early days yet. See how you get on and dont hesitate in asking your questions here. Maybe start a new thread in the captivity section. Keep us posted on developments.I will help you as much as I can. One thing though, you can legally keep Texan Leaf Cutters in Texas but you would need a permit to send them across state lines and certainly overseas.