If we could have a similar design to this.......

Ideas, techniques, problems and issues associated with keeping Leaf Cutting Ants in Captivity
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: If we could have a similar design to this.......

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Britishants.com wrote:I bought one a few years ago to see if it was useful or worth modifying! Took it out the box and promptly put it back in! Concept is great, the product however wouldn't stand up to a leaf cutter colony! If anyone's interested in the boxed one i have make me an offer! It's never been used! :)
Perhaps now we have found the genesis of the term 'pod' that Sean has claimed as his own. Seems it may have been adopted from this product that Sean bought 'a few years ago', "the Ant o Sphere, 8 pods"

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Britishants.com wrote:I bought one a few years ago to see if it was useful or worth modifying! Took it out the box and promptly put it back in! Concept is great, the product however wouldn't stand up to a leaf cutter colony! If anyone's interested in the boxed one i have make me an offer! It's never been used! :)
Perhaps now we have found the genesis of the term 'pod' that Sean has claimed as his own. Seems it may have been adopted from this product that Sean bought 'a few years ago', "the Ant o Sphere, 8 pods"
I feel a lawsuit coming on!
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:28 pm

I got the idea of the pods from that programme with Bert Holldoblier, I posted an image here ages ago! ;)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Just pulling something akin to a wire, tbh. Hows things at the British Ants ranch, Sean!

Ruairidh
Larva

Post by Ruairidh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Would the only way of heating that kind of design be A) having the room at the temperature you need it to be or B) using the wire stuff that heats up?