Ant bridge

Ideas, techniques, problems and issues associated with keeping Leaf Cutting Ants in Captivity
HL_Nano
Larva

Ant bridge

Post by HL_Nano » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:08 pm

I share with you something that I found very interesting, after cutting leaves one of the stems fell from the artificial tree I have in my tank but was holding for an ant and thus formed a "bridge" shortening the path to the apple that had available. Two other ants then added to help support the stem.
Here is a video where you can see this.

Sorry for my bad english :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHO4gOsQ8A
Leonardo - HL Nano
Bs. As., Argentina

Britishants.com
Worker

Re: Ant bridge

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Great video, thank you for sharing!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:57 pm

If Im being honest I do not tink they were holding a bridge for the other ants, knowing they were helping. I think it is more likely that they were holding an item that was a potential load to carry bac to the nest and wunable to move it. What do you think?

HL_Nano
Larva

Post by HL_Nano » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:If Im being honest I do not tink they were holding a bridge for the other ants, knowing they were helping. I think it is more likely that they were holding an item that was a potential load to carry bac to the nest and wunable to move it. What do you think?
I think its true, but i's more interesting the other way :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:
Leonardo - HL Nano
Bs. As., Argentina