How it's done the protect border with baby powder?

Advice and help for new keepers and those starting to keep Leaf Cutting Ants for the first time.
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: How it's done the protect border with baby powder?

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 pm

RichardP wrote:I always use the PTFE oil they sell at Antstore - it has the advantage of being all but invisible so can help aesthetics :)
I definitely think Richards PTFE oil is the answer if you are not using a water barrier. I havent used it but it sounds like the cats nads! However I always use a heated moat to prevent escape, move the water with a pump and benefit from the humidity it gives off. This is in commercial setups.

fepeco
Larva

Post by fepeco » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:51 pm

With your help guys i was again researching things , and like always a have to figure it out what products do you say that are know to my country, and now i just learned that PTFE is used as Teflon, living and learning, but i still didn't find any oil for sell, just some frying pans haha.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm

fepeco
Larva

Post by fepeco » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:12 pm

I appreciate your help, but I live in Brazil and well, Libra or Euro is a little over valued for me.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 am

Hardware store, 3in1 oil, ask for it and you will receive!! It will work okay, as Andyj said it needs watched but it is a good backup option. However I am sure PTFE fluid will be sold by engineering companies in Brazil. Why not check for lubrication sprays that are based on PTFE. Its widely used for lubrication in various industries.

fepeco
Larva

Post by fepeco » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Well I'm going to do a better search then hahah I did find some oil for bikes and etc but I don't really have sure if is save for ants.