Small fungus ball to start with

Advice and help for new keepers and those starting to keep Leaf Cutting Ants for the first time.
mcwoodhill1
Egg

Small fungus ball to start with

Post by mcwoodhill1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 pm

I received my leaf cutter ant kit including a queen three workers and three larvae and a very very small fungus ball say just like 1/2 mouse poo or raisin

I put them into a big glass box and then into a reptile glass with a cover. After receiving some helpful input, I put a cover in the box, adjusted the humidity to 99%. The queen calmed down and stopped to stay put under the under. But none of them seemed interested to grow the fungus ball. The queen and a yellow worker attends the three larvae and two dark workers wanders to explore the world. They picked up a piece of fungus ball and put them under the cover and left most of it just scattered in the box.

Will they survive? Will the fungus ball die out? It looks quite yellowish now? Or the fungus is dead already?

Thanks I’m advance

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Small fungus ball to start with

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi, is it possible to post pics of the situation. Can help you fix this but would need to see a pic.

mcwoodhill1
Egg

Post by mcwoodhill1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Hi, is it possible to post pics of the situation. Can help you fix this but would need to see a pic.

Sure thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcwoodhill1
Egg

Post by mcwoodhill1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Hi, is it possible to post pics of the situation. Can help you fix this but would need to see a pic.
The larvae r just under the plastic cover and the queen becomes active again

Should I put some leave in the box?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kalidas
Pupa

Post by Kalidas » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 pm

That all looks very large for such a small colony