Montreal Insectarium

Pictures and reports of colonies on show around the world
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Montreal Insectarium

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Posting this because I cant find the existing post for this place although I am sure its on here somewhere. Worked on this exhibit 2 yearsa ago and took the colony over to hand deliver it. This is a fantastic display, which is looked after by a team of very experienced professionals. They also grow all of the leaves and flowers in a huge, dedicated greenhouse behind the scenes. Very impressive stuff. The style of the video is not to my taste but the content shows how nice this setup is.

Jackie62
Minim

Re: Montreal Insectarium

Post by Jackie62 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Fantastic, I love the use of the old trees and wood...very natural. I add branches into our colony display forage area, I think the ants enjoy a good walkabout in them!

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

I saw that looks good set up and they way they use tubes looks big colony did do that or sent them a colony Andrew.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Rick, I took the colonies over myself and helped set it up. It is an amazing place, built inside the old Olympic village in Montreal. They are now closed however and are spending the next 2 years building a huge display. I am due over there soon with new ant colonies for them, probably in February.