Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich

Pictures and reports of colonies on show around the world
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Here's one that slipped through the radar. I never knew this existed. This picture was apparently taken March this year so very recent. The colony looks very strong and very well cared for. Did not even know it was around. Is possibly one of my colonies but did not sell directly to them. Will need to contact and see if we can get them to join forum.
See what you think.

Atta solider
Worker

Re: Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich

Post by Atta solider » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:44 am

Nice colony there looks massive be good get them in hear with all others as well

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:46 am

Love it.. it looks great. How is the climate controlled do you think?

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:52 am

Interesting that they are using the dump and it's not lower than the fungus garden.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:00 pm

deansie26 wrote:Interesting that they are using the dump and it's not lower than the fungus garden.
Looks like the reason they are doing that is because the lower dump chamber is full. They should really keep emptying it. The ants are dumping in the pipe and what I assume was supposed to be an additional fungus chamber originally.

MartinD
Pupa

Post by MartinD » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:12 pm

got excited reading this then realised after google search that it isn't the Norwich 10 miles away from me (too good to be true), but the Norwich in America. Slightly trickier journey :(

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:07 pm

MartinD wrote:got excited reading this then realised after google search that it isn't the Norwich 10 miles away from me (too good to be true), but the Norwich in America. Slightly trickier journey :(
Jamie made this exact same mistake with Durham museum. He was actually planning a visit which made everyone imagine the conversation at the door when they denied having one and Jamie was looking at them like they were mad!! Check out the thread on this section.