Hello all

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Siddle33
Larva

Hello all

Post by Siddle33 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Alex siddle here,

Recently a friend showed me a post on Facebook about a leaf cutter prize opportunity and I was extatic. I've been keeping smaller colonies and have really enjoyed it. However I'm looking for a more challenging species to commit to. I've known the possibility of getting leaf cutters for some time however I've never been brave enough to buy a colony. I'd love to stay part of this forum now that I've found it and I'd hope there's a chance I could get a colony of leaf cutters myself wether through the prize or through my own spending.
Although it asks on the Facebook post to state how you would Keep the ants I don't have the slightest clue. I've seen a few others setups but I don't know what I'd like, in any case whatever keeps the colony happy and healthy suits me so any suggestions would be greatly recieved!

Shamual
Pupa

Re: Hello all

Post by Shamual » Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Hey Alex, this is also another one of my geezers, Alex helped me re-do my atta cephalotes setup along with Charlie.

Welcome!

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Thu May 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Alex and welcome. :) Journal section is a good start to see how others are keeping their LC's

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

Hello and welcome, I second what Andy suggested, have a look around and I'm sure you will come up with something.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri May 20, 2016 8:58 am

Fantastic to see a new and enthusiastic member. Take the plunge, have a quick read and start answering the basics. Are you going to keep the ants and feed them in the same enclosure or run a walk way from nest to feeding station. How are you going to prevent escape. Then its on to life support. How do you acheive stable temperature and high humidity. All the answers are here and all of the members will be glad to help. This is a very active forum and there is a high level of expertise around. Welcome on board!

Siddle33
Larva

Post by Siddle33 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:31 am

Awesome thanks for the help guys I'll have a look :)

Siddle33
Larva

Post by Siddle33 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 pm

I've got a pretty solid idea of what I want now so I hope you are all ready because a very crude drawing on Microsoft word is coming your way in a few hours :)

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Siddle33 wrote:I've got a pretty solid idea of what I want now so I hope you are all ready because a very crude drawing on Microsoft word is coming your way in a few hours :)
Good news... we like the drawings :)