Hi from Devon

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Andyj
Site Admin

Hi from Devon

Post by Andyj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:00 am

Hi all, I have been keeping ants in one form or another for a few years and did try keeping Atta Cephalotes back in 2011. I had bought a colony from Andrew but unfortunately it didn't succeed, and the speed the colony died out i suspected poisoning although ill never be sure. More likely my wife spraying air freshener everywhere...GRrrrrrr.

Anyway i have recently got back into ant keeping after illness and some family crisis and really want another go at Leaf cutters though i can't decide which species. I have ordered 3 pods from Sean and i am going to spend some time building and testing my set up before i get the ants.

Glad i found this forum as there was nothing like it at my last attempt and what a fantastic resource of information you have here and i hope to be able to contribute too.

I recognise some names here from my Dart frog days and a few Ant keepers too so hello everyone :)

Deansie26
Major

Re: Hi from Devon

Post by Deansie26 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:16 am

Hey Andy, welcome to the forum! Great to have you aboard. Looking forward to seeing your build thread!

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 am

Welcome Andy! Your order will be dispatched tomorrow first class so you you should receive it before Easter! You'll find plenty of info here along with other Leafcutter pod users! Sean

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 am

Britishants.com wrote:Welcome Andy! Your order will be dispatched tomorrow first class so you you should receive it before Easter! You'll find plenty of info here along with other Leafcutter pod users! Sean
Cheers Sean, most appreciated and thanks Deansie :)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Andy, never realised it was you when you joined. Great to have a new active member. The rest of these people on here are rubbish and never have anything interesting to say....... Only joking, only some of them are rubbish.
Andrew

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Uncle bob's been sniffing the Datura in his 80k greenhouse again! Lol your order should arrive Thursday all being well! :)

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Andy, never realised it was you when you joined. Great to have a new active member. The rest of these people on here are rubbish and never have anything interesting to say....... Only joking, only some of them are rubbish.
Andrew
Let me assure you Bob, i own a 4000 + member forum and it's as dull as dishwater compared to here ( hope none of my members are reading this ) :shock:

Anyway glad i found you all.

Thanks Sean, i can't decide how to make my set up until i see the pods, not that there is any hurry but i'd like to get my ants in before Easter :)

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am

Lol uncle bob and welcome to family mate

Bitterlime
Minim

Post by Bitterlime » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi and welcome!