Hello from Scotland

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi, I've got a separate room for them.

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of ants! I'm sure you'll have f-ant-astic time in here with us mad myrmecologists! There's always someone about in here talking about ants so don't be afraid to pull up a leaf and join in or ask any questions. There is no such thing as a silly question here and we all help each other share our mutual passion! sean x

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Uncle Bob showing off his Hannibal Lecter brain collection that he disguises as fungus! :lol:

Ruairidh
Larva

Post by Ruairidh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:15 am

Britishants.com wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of ants! I'm sure you'll have f-ant-astic time in here with us mad myrmecologists! There's always someone about in here talking about ants so don't be afraid to pull up a leaf and join in or ask any questions. There is no such thing as a silly question here and we all help each other share our mutual passion! sean x
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

And damn that's alot of boxes, so each of the boxes are separate colonies?

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:09 am

Britishants.com wrote:Uncle Bob showing off his Hannibal Lecter brain collection that he disguises as fungus! :lol:
Will you stop referring to me as Uncle Bob to new members, it makes me sound really old. I can still climb a stair unaided. Well two or three steps maybe. And where's your picture in the 'This is me' thread, Sean, about time we unmasked the bandit!

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:12 am

Britishants.com wrote:Uncle Bob showing off his Hannibal Lecter brain collection that he disguises as fungus! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:19 am

Leafcutter wrote:
Yes, your right but it must be the brains of all the members here because many of them are around the size of tennis balls!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:23 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Will you stop referring to me as Uncle Bob to new members, it makes me sound really old. I can still climb a stair unaided. Well two or three steps maybe. And where's your picture in the 'This is me' thread, Sean, about time we unmasked the bandit!
Why do you find it so annoying Grandpa Bob?

Edit: I was watching Sean's video on ferns so that I can learn a bit about them for France so I know what he looks like :D
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:27 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Leafcutter wrote:
Yes, your right but it must be the brains of all the members here because many of them are around the size of tennis balls!
Fungus you mean? ;)

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:54 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
ha ha ha :mrgreen: