Hello fellow ant keepers (ant keeper Colchester zoo)

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
SnakeMatt86
Egg

Hello fellow ant keepers (ant keeper Colchester zoo)

Post by SnakeMatt86 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi everyone

I am a leaf cutter ant keeper at Colchester zoo and have been for nearly 4 years now, previously I assisted keeping them at paradise wildlife park. Species kept atta cephalotes I joined the forum so I can network and learn from other keepers plus fire questions to others about a problem I may have.
Anyone is welcome to message me.
Thanks

Matt Hughes

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello fellow ant keepers (ant keeper Colchester zoo)

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Matt, it is fantastic to speak with you on here. Am I right in thinking you recently got a colony of ants from Martin Goss? I think I supplied this through Martin. We delivered to Stansted Airport? Not sure if this is right. Anyway, would be amazing if you posted a thread of your exhibit with pics. Dont know if you would have time but would be good. Everyone on here is obsessed with LCA's and would love to discuss your set up. Just today one of the members has suggested that Pine needles will be taken by the ants which, if this can be replicated, would be a great winter food to add to the list. People like you, who work with commercial display colonies, are always interesting to listen to so please add your ideas and suggestions here. With that amount of time working with them you are obviously something of an authority. Andrew

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Hello Matt, is great you have joined up. As Andrew said already it would be really appreciated by all members if you do find time to do a thread on your colony and set up. Big commercial set ups like the one you look after are always really interesting to hear about.
Nice to meet you.
Jamie

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:15 pm

Welcome to the group be great see your set up

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Hey, I've visited Colchester Zoo since I was a kid! And ive always Loved your setup!