Hello

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Venator
Egg

Hello

Post by Venator » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:39 am

Hello people, I acquired a small Atta sexdens colonies a couple months ago. The fungus was the size of a golf ball, and now it's slightly larger than a tennis ball. I've been experimenting and placing them in different setups, and here's my the current setup for them.

Fungus close up:

Recently, I've noticed that the fungus is growing slowly, and the ants are not cutting any leaves. I offer them all kinds of fresh leaves daily, but I only see them collect dried rose petals rarely. Is there any possible reason that might be causing this slow growth and slow food intake? The setup is keep stable at 24C and 99% humidity.

Jackie62
Minim

Re: Hello

Post by Jackie62 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi, is the temperature high enough? We keep our Atta colony at 27 degrees C ambient temperature. At night, the lights go off and of course it cools down inside their display. In the morning they are very slow to get going, until the lights warm them up again.