Hello

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Adamjames20
Egg

Hello

Post by Adamjames20 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:46 am

Hey Guys , recognized a few members user names so a few will know me from other forums he he. Andrew has asked me to consider joining so here I am, haven't currently got a leaf cutting Ant colony but have kept several in the past quite successfully and you never know I may try to keep them next year ;) Glad to be here :D

regards

Adam

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 am

Adam, spoken so many times in the past. Mostly me letting you down about getting a colony of Termites!!! Now you will be infront of me all of the time so you will serve as a reminder about this. If you post something about Termites on the Non Leaf Cutting Ant section then there may be some interest from others. I know you had Atta octospinosis before, I am planning some new species next year so there might be scope for doing something. Please consider commenting on whats here and even starting a thread or two. Always great to have new ideas and contributions, especially since we are a small community. (but growing very quickly!) Anyway fantastic to see you here and you are most welcome my friend.

Adamjames20
Egg

Post by Adamjames20 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 am

Hey Andrew , nice to hear of you, don't worry mate, your a very busy man, was totally understandable, :D, It was Atta cephalotes I have had from your self, kept two colony's over the years, Never kept Acromyrmex but should I venture into leaf cutters again I would like to see if it possible to obtain a multi queen colony, think during one of our chats you mentioned you do find multi queen colonies common just not sure what species you mentioned it was.

Thank you for that, I will keep that in mind I will most certainly blog about termites here :D

Thank you for the welcome mate

Adam

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Hey Adam, nice to see you here, hope you are well. You be in America this Christmas?

Adamjames20
Egg

Post by Adamjames20 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Hey Deansie , thanks for the welcome mate, All well here, how's things with yourself ?

I'm not no I am in the uk for Christmas, don't get to see the big usa much now a days.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Adam, you should check out the section on permits for the US. Maybe you can add something to that.

Adamjames20
Egg

Post by Adamjames20 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Hey Andrew , have actually checked that out today, unfortunately I can add nothing to it, The USA are extremely strict on any organisms coming or going and regulations are strictly enforced. Fortunately I didn't move there, but when looking at just importing a Macaw I had at the time with me when I was considering moving it was far too much of a headache and luckily for me I stayed here in the uk.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Adamjames20 wrote:Hey Deansie , thanks for the welcome mate, All well here, how's things with yourself ?

I'm not no I am in the uk for Christmas, don't get to see the big usa much now a days.
I'm good buddy, ants and kids is all that I seem to talk about these days but am good. Cant beat the drab UK weather over Christmas anyway so better on here ;)

Adamjames20
Egg

Post by Adamjames20 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:06 pm

Glad to hear it mate, yeah uk especially England never one for nice weather ha ha, not long had myself a log burner installed, it at least adds a aire of comfort and coziness when the weather decides to sulk lol :)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm sure, wee dram with feet at the fire, sorted :)