My Introduction :)

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Docxx
Site Admin

My Introduction :)

Post by Docxx » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Thanks for adding me.

My name is Ray and I'm 36, I've had several species of Ants before (Lasius Niger, Poly dives, H.venator, S.geminata) then started keeping Tarantulas, Scorpions, Assassin Bugs, Praying Mantis. I gave most of my Ants away to family members to make room which I totally regret. But in a couple of months I am moving to a new house and I will be going from a small study to a much bigger room for my collection of inverts.

Because of this I am planning on keeping Ants again, in particular Atta cephalotes and S.geminata.

I've been working with glass quite a lot recently building my own enclosures for Tarantulas, drilling glass for vents etc and I plan on building my own Atta enclosure with a view to keeping it really clean and using technology quite a lot to automatically maintain temp/humidity etc. and lots of Tubes. Still in planning stages but I'll probably do a post asking for opinions.

Personally I'm a stay at home Dad currently to my Son who is nearly 5 years old but he starts school in September. I also start school in September doing an Access to Higher education in Science and then hopefully a Zoology Degree next year with a focus on Entomology. So my collection will be for my personal enjoyment and also hopefully to help in my studies :)

My wife is a Midwife.

Also thanks to the Admins for verifying my account. It was a pain in the ass :P

Andyj
Site Admin

Re: My Introduction :)

Post by Andyj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi and welcome, sorry no one has been along to welcome you but it's realllllly quite here which is a shame because the forum holds a wealth of information. sorry you had problems joining. I think the anti spam software is being way to stringent as i'm having problems with it too. Anyway have a good read, and welcome :)

Jackie62
Minim

Post by Jackie62 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 am

Hello Ray, nice to see you here....not sure where everyone has gone! As Andy says, this site has great info and great colony-keepers with a wealth of experience.

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am

Welcome Ray, there's loads of info on here to have a good read through, you can learn everything you need just from this forum :). Looking forward to seeing your finished setup, sounds like it will be great!

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)