Hello

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
PsyAnt
Larva

Re: Hello

Post by PsyAnt » Wed May 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Here is a pic :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PsyAnt
Larva

Post by PsyAnt » Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Andy, i get what you mean i have a thick branck and i added a lid of a tub so they can acess the leaves without falling down. I would like to add some plants to the water to make it look better than just a tub. But i would have to use a filter as this causes vibrations is better to ask first, or a external water filter maybe. And thank you its really good to see theyr making it.

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 pm

I would wait a bit and get them more established. I think a vibration at the moment may just risk your hard work. So whilst they are developing you could start on a new design to move them into later. :)

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 pm

You can still add plants without a filter as the plants will filter the water to some extent.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Wed May 30, 2018 8:37 pm

Fungus looks great, good colour!

PsyAnt
Larva

Post by PsyAnt » Wed May 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Thank you good to know that it has a good colour :D yeah thats what i was thinking. Maybe better to get a proper big tank when they are ready to move and there layout some small grasses on the water nothing special, some moss balls and shrimps maybe. Thats cool might add some plants without filter just need to do a proper water change.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 am

Not sure vibration is an issue. Not found this in the past. Personally I would move away from a notion of adding plants and other bits and pieces until you are very well established. You need to be able to deal with issues as they occur and the colony you have will provide much in the way of issues over the next few months until you are out of the woods.

PsyAnt
Larva

Post by PsyAnt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 am

I agree that is true. Altho the fungus is growing really slowly doesn't meant it's established so its a time game now and providing them the leaves and requirements to make sure they do establish, hopefully and if so would be nice in a huge aquarium or maybe try a different type of setup.