Hello

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
zoeytolboom
Larva

Hello

Post by zoeytolboom » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, I am Zoey form The Netherlands. I am 15 years old.
I love ants and I want them!
:D

Bye x Zoey

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Zoey, I think there are a few keepers of these ants in Holland. You should be in good company. I supply leaf cutting ants to Julien Hendrix in Belgium. In fact I am over in January with some colonies for him. And there are other suppliers. Great to have you here, what ideas have you got as to how you will set up your display. Will you go for Atta or Acromyrmex. Both have their pros and cons!
Sounds like a good Christmas or Birthday present to me!!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:11 pm

I shipped some Carebara to Julien^^
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi and welcome, wish I could have got a Christmas present like that lol.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:48 pm

I will give you a Christmas present if you will look after 6 colonies of Atta while I am away? Will PM you.

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 am

Now that's good crimbo prez Andrew lol

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi Zoey. Couple of things. Its fantastic that you are now contributing here and good to see you are looking around the site. I would be interested in your ideas and thoughts about what we are talking about. Have you kept Leaf Cutters before. I think you have said that you would like to keep them. Why not start a thread in the captivity section and start to talk about your ideas and let us know how you would keep them and what kind of set up you would use. There are a few members who post all the time and I think everyone shares what you seem to have, enthusiasm and a real interest. Dont be nervous that you might not know as much as some of the members, your starting point is your interest and I would love to get more from your posts. Having this interest, that has brought you to this site, at your age is fantastic. I started with your passion and now I earn a very good living, employ more than 60 people and travel all around the world working with ants. It is from interacting with people like me and others here that makes young passionate people like you choose the direction in which they go in their lives. I think there are actually around 6 people your age on the forum. Please get more involved and develop your interest here. Andrew