Hello

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Magic
Pupa

Hello

Post by Magic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:18 am

Hello everyone . My name is Maciej and I'm new here . Exotic animals are my passions , very interested in ants,reptiles and marine aquarium . I use to have wood ants ( camponotus ligniperdus )and harvester ants (messor barbarus ) before i moved to UK .
This will be my new ants project after few years and i would like to do it right . I'm hoping to build an interesting formicarium for the amazing leaf cutting ants and as soon as I finish it I would like to order small colony for myself . Looking for some interesting options of formicarium to easily keep the right temperature .
Happy to be here
Last edited by Magic on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:50 am

This is the place to be, Maciej, great to have you here. If you are going to develop a set up for yourself, you should start a thread from the beginning and that way everyone can be part of the process and give you advice as and when you might need it. We are a very small community but, in the 2 weeks or so that we have been active we have already picked up some key people and I think, over the coming months / years this will be a centre for not only enthusiasts but also serious scientific researchers. We already have a Professor who studies ants, I set up displays as my business all over the world and many other members who are experts in their care. Looking forward to having you share ideas and suggestions here. Andrew

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Welcome Magic, can't wait to see what you create, it's good fun!

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello Maciej, nice to hear from you, is friendly informative forum which I'm sure you will enjoy being part off. :D

Magic
Pupa

Post by Magic » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:37 pm

HI.
Thanks for the welcome :)
will update some progress as soon as I can .