Salutations... again

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Shamual
Pupa

Re: Salutations... again

Post by Shamual » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Right guys update time!

I recently acquired a dual queen colony of messor aciculatus (cheers antkit) and have been dealing with a problem with them being scared of the food bowl. I think it was too clear, I put an opaque one in and they ate and moved into the sand/loam setup which is good! Queens are very active but are laying eggs so no worries for the time being. They are a very attractive species, and there seems to be a caste difference in the workers already.

Anyway thats my Christmas over with, I hope you all enjoyed yours. And I have now purchased the LCA set up from Sean and am currently awaiting its arrival. I will not be ordering any ants until I get the conditions 100% perfect though, even if it takes me to this time next year.

Happy new Year

Hugs and kisses

Jack

Deansie26
Major

Re: Salutations... again

Post by Deansie26 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi Jack this is a great post but it should be posted in the other ant section and not in member introductions, copy and paste it there buddy.