A Quick Intro about me

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

A Quick Intro about me

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 pm

I am posting here to introduce myself to you. I am the first member and so I am a new member also. I supply colonies of ants around the world and build their set ups. My customers include zoos, wildlife parks, butterfly gardens, just about everywhere there are paying customers. My previous claims to fame include setting up the only live exhibit in the Millennium Dome during the year 2000 celebrations in London, Project Managing and Consulting on the BBC documentary Planet Ant: Life inside the colony, during which I also did some presenting and built the studio set. Most recently I just returned from South Korea where I delivered 8 colonies of Leaf Cutting Ants. This is significant because it was the first time in this countries history that any foreign social insects had been imported. Quite a moment. Leaf Cutting Ants are a world wide business for me. I am also working in conjunction with Gloucester University on a programme of research into Leaf Cutting Ant husbandry so I will be picking around inside everyone who comes here's brain for all the knowledge and experience I can get. Looking forward to discussing Leaf Cutting Ants with everyone who shares my passion and my enthusiasm. Andrew Stephenson

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: A Quick Intro about me

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Why has everyone else got a reply and no one has bothered to welcome me? :cry:

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Oh sorry hello and welcome to the group :)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 pm

Nice to see your not new to ants Andrew ;) ha ha

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:23 pm

I am bereft of appreciation on this site!