SELLING: Large Atta cephalotes colony

Live Colonies of Leaf Cutting Ants for sale or wanted. Please note details must include Species, size (approx number of ants / size of fungus garden / age) and cost including postage.
Formica123
Sub-Major

Re: SELLING: Large Atta cephalotes colony

Post by Formica123 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Britishants.com wrote:Thank you Formica! I was only just thinking about you earlier! where have you been?
Lots and lots of schoolwork. I end up going to bed at half 9 most days now as its just so tiring!
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Marco has been spending so much time with his school work and so little time with his ants that his Acromyrmex queen drowned herself rather than keep living without Marcos constant attention! 8-) I am thinking of doing the same now that Marco has apparently prioritized his future over the future of this forum. An absolute disgrace, young man! After all what will good grades get you. A top university, a well paid job, an attractive wife and holidays abroad..... none of that rubbish gets you the thrill of seeing a Leaf Cutting ant carry a piece of privet back to the nest. Come on, ditch the books, ask mum for a raise in the old pocketmoney and buy Raj's Atta colony. To hell with the education!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Marco has been spending so much time with his school work and so little time with his ants that his Acromyrmex queen drowned herself rather than keep living without Marcos constant attention! 8-) I am thinking of doing the same now that Marco has apparently prioritized his future over the future of this forum. An absolute disgrace, young man! After all what will good grades get you. A top university, a well paid job, an attractive wife and holidays abroad..... none of that rubbish gets you the thrill of seeing a Leaf Cutting ant carry a piece of privet back to the nest. Come on, ditch the books, ask mum for a raise in the old pocketmoney and buy Raj's Atta colony. To hell with the education!
I've tried to tell her this so many times. But somehow she doesn't think it's true... I'll have to show her how successful your doing in person for her to actually believe there's a business in leaf cutting ants!
:D

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Cant help thinking your brain somehow filtered out the worst parts of that last post! :?

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Cant help thinking your brain somehow filtered out the worst parts of that last post! :?
I'm not sure how the queen got access to the moat tbh, there was a lid on the pot and the only way would be to use a branch at the top-or climbing inverted. Any ideas?

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Formica123 wrote:
Acromyrmexbob wrote:Cant help thinking your brain somehow filtered out the worst parts of that last post! :?
I'm not sure how the queen got access to the moat tbh, there was a lid on the pot and the only way would be to use a branch at the top-or climbing inverted. Any ideas?
Acromymex Queen will move themselves around so I don't know if she meant to take a bath in the moat?

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:ask mum for a raise in the old pocketmoney and buy Raj's Atta colony.
Some nice persuasion there Andrew :). :mrgreen:

Atta cephalotes (2019)

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Leafcutter wrote:
Formica123 wrote:
Acromymex Queen will move themselves around so I don't know if she meant to take a bath in the moat?
Yeah. She was mostly in the middle of the fungus.
I'd love to buy your attas, but a bit out of my price range

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:54 pm

You need to sell those RC thingies. Thats why you cant afford a big atta.

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:You need to sell those RC thingies. Thats why you cant afford a big atta.
Very true, is this becoming a persuasion thread guys? :D.

Atta cephalotes (2019)