Berlin

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Berlin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Just sitting in the Airport in Berlin waiting for flight home, via Amsterdam. Delivered very large number of colonies to Antstore today, not as many to look after now at home. Time to spread them out and start the large ones growing for the future. Still looking for an intern!!!!!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Re: Berlin

Post by Formica123 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Just sitting in the Airport in Berlin waiting for flight home, via Amsterdam. Delivered very large number of colonies to Antstore today, not as many to look after now at home. Time to spread them out and start the large ones growing for the future. Still looking for an intern!!!!!
:ugeek: I'll work for £6 an hour
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 pm

You could just live and working the ant room Marco lol

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Formica123 wrote:
Acromyrmexbob wrote:Just sitting in the Airport in Berlin waiting for flight home, via Amsterdam. Delivered very large number of colonies to Antstore today, not as many to look after now at home. Time to spread them out and start the large ones growing for the future. Still looking for an intern!!!!!
If you want to pay me £6 per hour to come and work for me, Marco, then I accept. But travelling to Scotland every morning may take a while!
What I would say is this is a real opportunity for someone to possibly create a career working with these insects and moving on to travelling around the world consulting and advising. I am genuinely looking to train someone over a couple of years to do this and assist me. In the first 25 days of 2017 I have been in St Lucia, Trinidad, Berlin and Amsterdam. Over the next month I will also go to Canada, Belgium, and Austria. If sounds good from the outside but actually it is quite arduous for one person to do. So if you know of someone who would be interested then I would be interested in meeting them.

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Formica123 wrote:
If you want to pay me £6 per hour to come and work for me, Marco, then I accept. But travelling to Scotland every morning may take a while!
What I would say is this is a real opportunity for someone to possibly create a career working with these insects and moving on to travelling around the world consulting and advising. I am genuinely looking to train someone over a couple of years to do this and assist me. In the first 25 days of 2017 I have been in St Lucia, Trinidad, Berlin and Amsterdam. Over the next month I will also go to Canada, Belgium, and Austria. If sounds good from the outside but actually it is quite arduous for one person to do. So if you know of someone who would be interested then I would be interested in meeting them.
I would do it - and I can be a french translator too :D but in all seriousness wait until I'm a little older and I'd happily do it... Other than that I only know 2 people who may be interested
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Jackie62
Minim

Post by Jackie62 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:19 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Formica123 wrote:
I will put this around my University Andrew, as we have many students that are very keen on entomology. Our graduates are looking for work/placements now.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Fantastic. That will be very good! Would benefit from someone who is interested in research also. If you get anyone interested please let me know.