Finally met Gerhard Kalytta

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Finally met Gerhard Kalytta

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Leafcutter wrote:
Acromyrmexbob wrote:Read that about Gerhard a while ago. I think there is little difference between selling ants that someone else has sent into the country illegally, like the chinese sellers and other asian exporters who supply many of the european resellers, and someone who goes out to a country and collects these themselves illegally. At the end of the day the task is to stop all illegal collecting and supply, illegal imports without paperwork etc. By buying their leafcutters from me, these sellers can rightly advertise ants with paperwork. The more I can sell into these markets, the more ethical the marketplace becomes.

Kevin Kolbe is a really nice guy. Had a fantastic meeting with him. Hopefully the start of a really great relationship with Kevin and Gerhard. Frankfurt was amazing as well. Really enjoyed my time there.
I assume Kevin is fluent in English? Mr Kalytta is on par with AntKit as being the best ant supplier out there in my personal opinion. Of course Andrew is the best Leafcutting ant supplier.
Some would almost say it looks like you were an admin of Jons forum with those comments, Raj!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Leafcutter wrote:
Acromyrmexbob wrote:Read that about Gerhard a while ago. I think there is little difference between selling ants that someone else has sent into the country illegally, like the chinese sellers and other asian exporters who supply many of the european resellers, and someone who goes out to a country and collects these themselves illegally. At the end of the day the task is to stop all illegal collecting and supply, illegal imports without paperwork etc. By buying their leafcutters from me, these sellers can rightly advertise ants with paperwork. The more I can sell into these markets, the more ethical the marketplace becomes.

Kevin Kolbe is a really nice guy. Had a fantastic meeting with him. Hopefully the start of a really great relationship with Kevin and Gerhard. Frankfurt was amazing as well. Really enjoyed my time there.
I assume Kevin is fluent in English? Mr Kalytta is on par with AntKit as being the best ant supplier out there in my personal opinion. Of course Andrew is the best Leafcutting ant supplier.
I assume you meant to write something, Andrew? :lol:
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:00 pm

I've gone back and added the comment I meant to put in, Marco. So now your comment looks silly!

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:23 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Leafcutter wrote:

Some would almost say it looks like you were an admin of Jons forum with those comments, Raj!
Wait, Jon has a forum? My opinion is not biased as I don't work for AntKit. Just a personal viewpoint as I have ordered from many European shops also.

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Jon doesn't have a forum :lol: but he works for the people who do ;)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Formica123 wrote:Jon doesn't have a forum :lol: but he works for the people who do ;)
Alright.... you are ruining my joke!! Being bullied by everyone today! :cry:

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Formica123 wrote:Jon doesn't have a forum :lol: but he works for the people who do ;)
Alright.... you are ruining my joke!! Being bullied by everyone today! :cry:
lol. Let's all stop bullying Andre now, he doesn't deserve it (much)