BBC IPlayer - Ant Planet

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
RichardP
Worker

BBC IPlayer - Ant Planet

Post by RichardP » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:02 pm

This seemed like a suitable board to mention that BBC IPlayer is now showing Ant Planet featuring our very own, heavily gaffer taped, Uncle Bob :) It's available for 28 days.. It's a fantastic watch if you haven't seen it. I like the bits where Prof. Adam Hart and Uncle Bob (Mostly Uncle Bob I get the impression) are digging out the nest. Notice how Uncle Bob's gloves get longer!!!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: BBC IPlayer - Ant Planet

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:21 pm

RichardP wrote:This seemed like a suitable board to mention that BBC IPlayer is now showing Ant Planet featuring our very own, heavily gaffer taped, Uncle Bob :) It's available for 28 days.. It's a fantastic watch if you haven't seen it. I like the bits where Prof. Adam Hart and Uncle Bob (Mostly Uncle Bob I get the impression) are digging out the nest. Notice how Uncle Bob's gloves get longer!!!
OK not that I dont appreciate the credit but....... come on guys.......Uncle Bob? WTF! Wheres an effective moderator when you need one! And the gloves get longer because the director was uncomfortable about filming me with all of the cuts from the previous day showing so I changed the gloves. Next Uncle Bob comment and I do things to your profile! I can do this.....oh yes I can! :evil:

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Haha... Uncle Bob seems so much better than Andrew..!

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Lol! Wasn't me!
I watched it again today, Adams hands looked so soft so I'm guessing he was "team leader" lol
Every time I saw fungus getting Broken up or thrown in to a plastic tub I winced! Good programme tho!

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm

I watch it other week uncle bod I really love go see the colony I watch it when there crap on tv lol learn lot how they dig out there friends and talk each other etc really good I want do test on mine like they done uncle bid how is the colony there ?

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Atta solider wrote:I watch it other week uncle bod I really love go see the colony I watch it when there crap on tv lol learn lot how they dig out there friends and talk each other etc really good I want do test on mine like they done uncle bid how is the colony there ?
What? I was Uncle Bob, then I am Uncle Bod and finally Uncle Bid. Try Andrew, its easier!!!!!

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Uncle Bod has got a ring to it! :twisted:

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Andrew (uncle Bob), I've been meaning to ask, what happened to the set up and the ant colony that appeared in the tv programme?

thx

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:51 pm

RichardP wrote:Andrew (uncle Bob), I've been meaning to ask, what happened to the set up and the ant colony that appeared in the tv programme?

thx
We moved it to Five Sisters Zoo in West Lothian. A few months later their entire tropical house burned down and the colony was lost.

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm glad I asked... !! Joking aside that's a great shame.