Eating habits

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
Daubz1977
Minim

Re: Eating habits

Post by Daubz1977 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:25 pm

There is also a a door head ant in the genus cephalotes that lives in tunnels created in rotten branches by a certain sort of beetle and the soldier cast head has evolved to fit the opening perfectly, aint nature brilliant :D
ants i keep:-
Atta cephalotes
Polyrhachis dives
Camponotus cruentatus
Camponotus ligniperdus
Camponotus barbaricus
Formica cunicularia
Messor barbarus
Lasius niger

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Daubz1977 wrote:There is also a a door head ant in the genus cephalotes that lives in tunnels created in rotten branches by a certain sort of beetle and the soldier cast head has evolved to fit the opening perfectly, aint nature brilliant :D
My Fiance, Asha, fits in the front door perfectly and when she does noone can pass. Nature and MacDonalds are amazing.

Daubz1977
Minim

Post by Daubz1977 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:32 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Daubz1977 wrote:There is also a a door head ant in the genus cephalotes that lives in tunnels created in rotten branches by a certain sort of beetle and the soldier cast head has evolved to fit the opening perfectly, aint nature brilliant :D
My Fiance, Asha, fits in the front door perfectly and when she does noone can pass. Nature and MacDonalds are amazing.
lol, i take it your fiance never looks on this forum, or has a brilliant sense of humor.
ants i keep:-
Atta cephalotes
Polyrhachis dives
Camponotus cruentatus
Camponotus ligniperdus
Camponotus barbaricus
Formica cunicularia
Messor barbarus
Lasius niger

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:38 pm

If she does he's going to be the one with the swollen head! lol
:D

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Daubz1977 wrote:
Acromyrmexbob wrote:
lol, i take it your fiance never looks on this forum, or has a brilliant sense of humor.
Neither is true. If I was a fortune teller I think I would see bruises.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:50 am

Ha ha brilliant, poor Ada. Somehow my wife caught sight of a page on the forum I'd left open one day and I'd referred to her as tHe Boss lol.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 am

deansie26 wrote:Ha ha brilliant, poor Ada. Somehow my wife caught sight of a page on the forum I'd left open one day and I'd referred to her as tHe Boss lol.
See there you go again Jamie. I dont know who Ada is. My other woman is called Simone, dont know an Ada. Cant even work out how you managed to get to Ada from Asha by accident! Does your phone even have a qwerty keyboard or are you using the traditional Chinese lettering for your posts?

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
deansie26 wrote:Ha ha brilliant, poor Ada. Somehow my wife caught sight of a page on the forum I'd left open one day and I'd referred to her as tHe Boss lol.
See there you go again Jamie. I dont know who Ada is. My other woman is called Simone, dont know an Ada. Cant even work out how you managed to get to Ada from Asha by accident! Does your phone even have a qwerty keyboard or are you using the traditional Chinese lettering for your posts?
Awe dammit, and because you pulled me up I can't sneak in and edited it like I usually do. I've a button on my phone that switches from English to Polish so your actually learning a new language when you read my reply's!
Ada lol