Tales from the Ant Studio!

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
Britishants.com
Worker

Tales from the Ant Studio!

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:59 pm

I've created this topic to dump all my random projects in, some LC related and some not! It will also feature the new ant Studio, an ongoing project that at the moment is used to trial projects, create stuff and photograph ants/products. In time it will be used to house species long term to be able to offer "Super colonies" of at least 3-4 yrs old of various species. No plans to put live ants in until it's fully insulated later in the year. Image. URL]

Britishants.com
Worker

Re: Tales from the Ant Studio!

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Image Awaiting lids!

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:24 pm

ImageOther trails in the Ant Studio, other species formicaria.

Britishants.com
Worker

Re: This is a sure way to stop your Atta colony getting too

Post by Britishants.com » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:52 pm

My ant studio is coming on a treat hint hint! I'm unable to find my original post to update it but fully insulated and new flooring laid on Saturday!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 pm

It's looking great Sean, you don't do things by half! Brilliant.
What's on the walls? Radiator insulation?

I've added your post to your original thread for you.
Deansie

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Maybe should actually be in the Build section?

So this is for stocking your ants that are for sale?

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks Dean! :D
This is to store all the colonies and equipment, the house is being taken over by ants, both spare rooms and dining room. Small bedroom is for the natives, a lot cooler, European ants in larger bedroom and tropicals down stairs. The Ant studio is made to accomodate all the ants with varying levels of heat and moisture whilst providing a low cost solution to the dreaded heating bill. The unit with flip up lid is for the Atta, Acro and Paraponera. I will be keeping the QEII colony in the dining room tho, it's quite a show stopper in the pods and the whole point of having ants is to show them off! I'm very keen on the idea of having some mega colonies available in the future ( collection only) and will be looking at the most suitable species.
It's also nice to have people collect and see the colonies in a dedicated space without traipsing around my house.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:17 pm

Britishants.com wrote:Thanks Dean! :D
This is to store all the colonies and equipment, the house is being taken over by ants, both spare rooms and dining room. Small bedroom is for the natives, a lot cooler, European ants in larger bedroom and tropicals down stairs. The Ant studio is made to accomodate all the ants with varying levels of heat and moisture whilst providing a low cost solution to the dreaded heating bill. The unit with flip up lid is for the Atta, Acro and Paraponera. I will be keeping the QEII colony in the dining room tho, it's quite a show stopper in the pods and the whole point of having ants is to show them off! I'm very keen on the idea of having some mega colonies available in the future ( collection only) and will be looking at the most suitable species.
It's also nice to have people collect and see the colonies in a dedicated space without traipsing around my house.
Your without doubt passionate about ants! Does your wife like ants?
When will you have Paraponera available and what will you be offering price/ colony wise?