Lightly Salted + Roasted Atta Queens anyone?

Everything else relating to Leaf Cutting Ants, chat, ideas, suggestions, housing projects etc
Andyj
Site Admin

Re: Lightly Salted + Roasted Atta Queens anyone?

Post by Andyj » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Cows only eat grass,, am i reading from the same book?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Jackie62
Minim

Post by Jackie62 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:54 pm

I think you are Andy! But I still won't eat them...... ;)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 pm

But if all that goes into their bodies is vegetation then.......
My daughter is a vegetarian, wannabe vegan. I have threatened to disinherit her. Not sure she felt that was a bad thing! All those ant colonies to look after when Im dead!

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Is that something she is interested in as a future career ? ants that is, not eating cows.. :)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am

Andyj wrote:Is that something she is interested in as a future career ? ants that is, not eating cows.. :)
No, shes a politician!
My son, Calum is right now only 4 days away from starting his final exams at Oxford University. Absolutely incredible how time flies! Seems like just a couple of months ago I was taking him there for the first time. He is going to do a PhD next I think. Probably do something with ants but his interest is in evolutionary biology
Hes way too smart, I think there might be a really clever guy who sneaked in to visit his mother 21 years ago when I was on some collecting trip!

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 am

If he's still got hair you might be right

Jackie62
Minim

Post by Jackie62 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:10 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:
Andyj wrote:Is that something she is interested in as a future career ? ants that is, not eating cows.. :)
No, shes a politician!
My son, Calum is right now only 4 days away from starting his final exams at Oxford University. Absolutely incredible how time flies! Seems like just a couple of months ago I was taking him there for the first time. He is going to do a PhD next I think. Probably do something with ants but his interest is in evolutionary biology
Hes way too smart, I think there might be a really clever guy who sneaked in to visit his mother 21 years ago when I was on some collecting trip!
Politician?! Your daughter can fight for vegan diets as compulsory!! You never see a large vegan, less pressure on the NHS..... :D

I remember you telling me about Calum just going to Oxford, WOW, that time has flown....and if he's interested in Evolutionary Biology, we have Dr Ben Garrod (off the telly) here at ARU who is one of our Alumni and Ben still teaches here....if Calum ever needs a contact in his field of interest, I'm sure Ben would be very happy to chat with him.. :)

Jackie62
Minim

Post by Jackie62 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:12 am

Andyj wrote:If he's still got hair you might be right

:? :lol: :lol: