Ants to Iceland

Posts relating to advice and tips on how to send Leaf Cutters to other people via postage, couriers, freight or hand carrying.
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Ants to Iceland

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 am

Have to put this in writing. So excited!! So I have been working on a project over the past year or so with a client in Iceland. They want to put Leaf Cutters on show in Iceland. It has taken forever to get the permits. What is amazing is this. Marco, the guy I have been dealing with there, told me he was very excited about this because it was the first ants to come to Iceland. I said that it would be amazing to have the first display of Leaf Cutters in Iceland, that this had happened in other countries and it was always a big moment. He said No, he meant the first ants of any kind to be in Iceland. Iceland does not have any ants in the wild at all. Hows that for a historic moment!!! Just found out that I am going there, with the ants, this Sunday. Very excited, apart from never having been there before, its apparently a beautiful country, and really close to Scotland. I will keep you posted with pics and details.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Ants to Iceland

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 pm

So back in Iceland. By way of an update, came to Iceland around a month ago with 2 colonies. They have been in quarantine here and now I am back to build the housing for them to go on public display. Everything about this job and the country is amazing I have posted photos of the quarantine room on facebook but I will take pics of the build and post them here.