I need a honey pot queen with few workers( like myrmecocystus). Does anyone have that?

Live Colonies of Ants for sale or wanted. Please note details must include Species, size (approx number of ants/ age) and cost including postage.
newbexx7
Egg

I need a honey pot queen with few workers( like myrmecocystus). Does anyone have that?

Post by newbexx7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:15 am

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

newbexx7
Egg

Re: I need a honey pot queen with few workers( like myrmecocystus). Does anyone have that?

Post by newbexx7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:17 am

Myrmecocystus mexicanus will be perfect for me.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: I need a honey pot queen with few workers( like myrmecocystus). Does anyone have that?

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 am

I am looking at this species, but it would be late 2017, perhaps even 2018. Also if these are to be shipped verses from UK, you would need an import permit to your country in order for me to send them. Where are you based?

newbexx7
Egg

Post by newbexx7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:46 am

California

newbexx7
Egg

Post by newbexx7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:46 am

Around los angles area

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:51 am

You are not a million miles away from Honey Pot ants in the wild. Again though you would be crossing state lines with these ants were you to go get them. When I organise to get honey pot ants for zoos around the world, I will be coming to Arizona to collect. You will find it impossible to obtain any species of ant legally in the US that does not occur naturally within your state. Unless President Trump changes the law!

newbexx7
Egg

Post by newbexx7 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:55 am

Do you have any suggestions where I can find them in the wild?

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Arid species. Without digging too much, simply search the internet and you will get innumerable locale and distribution maps. You can go from there and pin down locations likely to give results in each area.