Messor capitatus with workers

Live Colonies of Ants for sale or wanted. Please note details must include Species, size (approx number of ants/ age) and cost including postage.
Atta solider
Worker

Re: Messor capitatus with workers

Post by Atta solider » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:14 am

I don't no which one get messor or the wood ant one lol as I got payed other day and now spring is hear am getting ant crazy again lol

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Atta solider wrote:I don't no which one get messor or the wood ant one lol as I got payed other day and now spring is hear am getting ant crazy again lol
for me the answer to that question would always be wood ant.. :)

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:22 am

Okay Richard :) thanks I'll go get wood ant colony then :)

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:48 am

Atta solider wrote:Okay Richard :) thanks I'll go get wood ant colony then :)
There is a bewildering array of camponotus species... with a wide range of colours, growth rates, colony size, care requirements... etc.. you should be able to find something to suit...:) I always fancied getting camponotus singularis but they are quite difficult to source... and expensive!!

Antkit
Pupa

Post by Antkit » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:10 pm

I have a Queen with about 20ish workers, if you are interested and should be getting more smaller colonies soon Richard.
Contact me at ant.enquiries@antkit.uk | All our ants are inspected and certificated at border control.

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Antkit wrote:I have a Queen with about 20ish workers, if you are interested and should be getting more smaller colonies soon Richard.
Ha.. brilliant.. that's all I need, more temptation! Let me just go and check with my wife if I can have another colony.. Yes, that would be a no!!

Purely as a matter of interest how much would you price such a colony at?

Has anyone here had any experience of keeping Singularis.. I'd be interested in people's experience in terms of growth rates, activity levels etc.

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Have a look at my blog richard. I kept c. Singularis for a while. Link in my sig.

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks Andy.. funnily enough I came across your Atta blog when i was researching my own Atta ambitions. It came to a sad end I seem to remember.. Luckily it didn't discourage Me..

I'll have a look now. - i had a look .. very good.. what happened to the colony.. is it still with us?

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi Richard, i had a few medical problems and was working to much so sadly i had to give all my ants away. I'm just starting to get some more together now :)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Andy, you seem like quite a grizzled, hardened biker type dude. Where has the ant interest come from if you dont mind me asking? Thought you would be in to Lion training or croc wrestling, suits your image better.