The Ant Shop

Live Colonies of Ants for sale or wanted. Please note details must include Species, size (approx number of ants/ age) and cost including postage.
Formica123
Sub-Major

Re: The Ant Shop

Post by Formica123 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:39 am

If you send me a screenshot of who this person is and if he claims to be supplying to me then I will be able to approach him.
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 am

One thing about this forum is there is plenty of intrigue!!

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Just received a harpagnathos venator colony, for a fantastically reasonable price from Marco. He sent pictures of how he received them, all the ants are healthy with plenty of brood, and I can assure all of you that the allegation of them being smuggled in through children's toys is definitely false. Just great ants, at even better prices :D

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Shamual wrote:Just received a harpagnathos venator colony, for a fantastically reasonable price from Marco. He sent pictures of how he received them, all the ants are healthy with plenty of brood, and I can assure all of you that the allegation of them being smuggled in through children's toys is definitely false. Just great ants, at even better prices :D
Hi jack,
Glad you received them ok!
Your setup is fantasticcccc so sure they will do well

Daubz1977
Minim

Post by Daubz1977 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Ive bought things from Marco a few times and have had problems with about 90% of them i got messor barbarus red head which took over a month to arrive didnt have red heads, were obviously brood boosted and still havnt laid any eggs. Venators that were a much smaller colony than i paid for and are no longer with us. A nest which wasnt the nest i got a photo of, which was obviously pre used and also had an important piece of it missing. Im not one for giving bad reviews but i wouldnt advise anyone to part with there money with Marco, there are are of other suppliers out there.
ants i keep:-
Atta cephalotes
Polyrhachis dives
Camponotus cruentatus
Camponotus ligniperdus
Camponotus barbaricus
Formica cunicularia
Messor barbarus
Lasius niger

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Firstly @daubz, you requested a Messor Barbara's colony, and never asked for a red head. The queen, I said, was read head. Which she was. Secondly, I already told you they were brood boosted and that the queen was from the new mating flights, and you said that was Ok.

The venators I sold you were £60 I believe for a 1 queen 5-10 worker colony. You recurve do a 6 worker colony with a queen and gamerate. How is that less workers than you paid for?
And the nest you received was not pre used and taken out of the original packaging, which I've told you numerous times. The part was missing and you were sent a new part which never arrived, strangely.
So there, I hope that answers all of your 'complaints'

Daubz1977
Minim

Post by Daubz1977 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:04 pm

That is all lies, you told me at the time with the venators that you supposedly sent me the wrong colony, you never mentioned the messors were brood boosted and the nest was definitely pre used. I will say no more on the matter, people can make there own decisions, i just felt i needed to let people know what sort of service ive had from you, i may have just been really unlucky.
ants i keep:-
Atta cephalotes
Polyrhachis dives
Camponotus cruentatus
Camponotus ligniperdus
Camponotus barbaricus
Formica cunicularia
Messor barbarus
Lasius niger

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello all am one of other members hear got stuff of Marco he's send s stuff great and they get there next days I've had nothing wrong with stuff I got from him I'll be hope buying a colony of him later in May

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Daubz1977 wrote:That is all lies, you told me at the time with the venators that you supposedly sent me the wrong colony, you never mentioned the messors were brood boosted and the nest was definitely pre used. I will say no more on the matter, people can make there own decisions, i just felt i needed to let people know what sort of service ive had from you, i may have just been really unlucky.
Well, it seems as if you feel you've had a bad experience, and I understand if you feel this way. But I have proof this was said and will look through my emails tonight

Yes, the venator send was the wrong colony, but they still had 6 workers, like I said.