Marcos Big Setup

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
Formica123
Sub-Major

Marcos Big Setup

Post by Formica123 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Ok, so with my birthday coming very soon, I've decided to reserve a nice 180l aquarium to make a big atta setup.
I'll be making something a lot like Richards, so you'll all have to wait and see what it turns out like. For now, does anybody have any tips to make it perfect?
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Marcos Big Setup

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Too general a question, Marco. Will look forward to your thread though. You are a past master at these. Hopefully your colony will thrive and get past the difficult stage this time.

RichardP
Worker

Re: Marcos Big Setup

Post by RichardP » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Formica123 wrote:Ok, so with my birthday coming very soon, I've decided to reserve a nice 180l aquarium to make a big atta setup.
I'll be making something a lot like Richards, so you'll all have to wait and see what it turns out like. For now, does anybody have any tips to make it perfect?
Having been through the process and now being a year on... I have a lot of tips... Feel free to ask me anything, there are definitely a few small things I would do differently if I could start again but overall I am incredibly happy with my setup. It definitely works.