First Ever Leaf Cutting Ant set up in Malaysia!

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

First Ever Leaf Cutting Ant set up in Malaysia!

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 pm

So next month, July, I will be going to Malaysia to set up that country's first ever Leaf Cutting Ant exhibit. Been speaking to the gentleman from there who is very friendly and very interesting. This will be in a zoo and I will post pictures on this thread as things develop and I get more information. Looks like a really good project though, with lots of freedom to design the exhibit in interesting o ways. So watch this space!!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: First Ever Leaf Cutting Ant set up in Malaysia!

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:14 pm

So some problems with the import for Malaysia. Their Agricultural department has raised an objection which could potentially delay the trip for up to 6 months. The person in Malaysia, who is a really nice guy, had already paid a great deal of funds for the trip to take place on 20th July so we are now trying to untangle this and postpone until paperwork is in place. This is what to expect though when dealing with countries who have not had LCA's before.
In a very interesting development, though, I am about to get my first order for Leaf Cutting Ants to the US!! With import permit to a zoo. Fantastic Been trying to get started over there for some time. I will update as developments come

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Fantastic! Looking forward to the updates!

Bitterlime
Minim

Post by Bitterlime » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Sounds great!! can't wait for the updates!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Trip delayed for a couple of months due to Malaysian red tape! Will update as time goes on!