Atta texana formicarium display and formicarium build !!!

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
jimimardlin
Pupa

Re: Atta texana formicarium display and formicarium build !!!

Post by jimimardlin » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:28 am

so cool, would love an update!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:37 pm

Lets see whats happening with your setup please. We need to know how your plans are going and whats happening to your colony.

Ieatflys
Larva

Post by Ieatflys » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am

sorry for the lengthy delay...... i have since moved across town and will be moving across state... i still have this setup however i had no major success with collecting a young colony on my adventure two years ago... i plan to make another trip this year or next to try and collect a colony. in the mean time i have also applied for permits a few times and all have been denied because well.... this is america you can buy an assault rifle in walmart and no one bats an eye... you try to keep a leafcutter colony and the entire world freaks out :ugeek: :evil: :D :o :!:

if anyone could help me obtain a colony please let me know and despite when may happen on this thread i will more than likely be traveling to attempt to collect a colony here this year or next and i will update when i do!! cheers

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi, any chance you could upgrade your photobucket account, your pics have disappeared.