Richards Rant

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
Ruairidh
Larva

Re: Richards Rant

Post by Ruairidh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Richard: Totally agree, was doing these without really thinking about the commercial side of it, I also agree with the fact its probably already been solved and im pretty sure theres plumbing equipment out there to do it. I think sealed units is a good way to go and if its a cube like nest then a hinged top lid would probably be ok for access? with regards to heating them, does it HAVE to be an aquarium sized tank to hold the water or can you just use a tray like design? Dont really have anything for the cables at the moment, a bit lost there D:

Andrew: Im using ProDesktop 8.0

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Will take a read through this at some point but for now can you tell me what programme you are using to do this?
I know it's really professional looking buddy, brilliant Cad layout

Ruairidh
Larva

Post by Ruairidh » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Forgot about this thread, did anything ever happen with the rant? Thank you Deansie but I'm far from being good with the whole cad stuff. Looking back it's a horrendous design aswell :shock:

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

I think Jamie's "plug and play" might be the nearest we've got so far to an off the shelf, fully serviced, leaf cutter biome!!

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

RichardP wrote:I think Jamie's "plug and play" might be the nearest we've got so far to an off the shelf, fully serviced, leaf cutter biome!!
Totally agree. Lots of very careful thinking and planning going into the production of Jamies unit. Could be excellent and a step forward. Looking forward to updates!

Ruairidh
Larva

Post by Ruairidh » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Ah cool, I'll need to check it out, I think I may have already seen it.