Jacks Final Gambit Atta Setup

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
Shamual
Pupa

Jacks Final Gambit Atta Setup

Post by Shamual » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Hey guys, I'm about a month off ordering my colony of Atta and I've just finished planning my build. I will post a design of the actual glass table setup that I'm going to use but for now I've only aquired the glass tanks I'm using for waste, fungus and feeding.

I bought my tanks from antstore which was pricey but overwhelming quality. I literally couldn't have asked for anything more, i'd recommend any day. Considering it came from Germany a week after ordering. I'm gob smacked that everything came ok and in 1 piece.

I will upload photos before the end of the day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shamual on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atta solider
Worker

Re: Jacks Final Gambit Atta Setup

Post by Atta solider » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Nice mate look for would on your set up and look coral hoc how you going keep the temp and humidity up on this as well lol forwould reading this mate
Last edited by Atta solider on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

pictures uploaded now :D

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

You look like your on the ball Shammel and I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress! Will look really smart and I like how your thinking about the dumping area.
The tit tat comment at the start doesn't do anything for your journal if I'm honest.

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Yes sorry I agree, I've removed it. Still a little sore.

Oh and not that it matters but my name actually isn't shamual in case anyone was wondering. :lol:. The name comes from a long story about a hot day and a pair of identical twins I went to school with. Since that day ive never signed up to anything without using my username as Shamual. :lol:

Incase anybody was interested my real name is Jack ;P

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Nice to meet you Jack, my name is Jamie and not deansie lol

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm

My name isnt Acromyrmexbob either.

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:16 pm

You can lie all you want Andrew but you will always be acromymex to me :D

Shamual
Pupa

Post by Shamual » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Sorry about the lack of updates ive been on holiday. But I have now setup the glass table and all I have to do is cut the tubes to length!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:04 pm

That looks fantastic.. It really appeals to me. It's clean, crisp and stylish. That little desk lamp looks cool.

Good job. It'll be interesting to see how you integrate the heat mat without impairing the clean crisp finish.

I assume the middle chamber is the feeding station? I can see that you have the removable lid and glass frame that sits just underneath which when oiled will allow opening and closing without being attacked.