Deansie's Acromyrmex cupboard build

Post your builds, private or commercial set ups. This is where we will document the creation of housing or the planning and construction of projects from scratch. This differs from the Journal Section because this section does not concentrate on the Ants or the other animals that are being kept, this section focuses on the progress of the build.
RichardP
Worker

Re: Deansie's Acromyrmex cupboard build

Post by RichardP » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:35 am

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Richard, if it helps, the ants dont really care how far away from one fungus garden they are for another. The criteria is not proximity, its simply a need for more space and correct conditions in the chamber. The way to start things would be to move some of the fungus to the new chamber. They might return it to the nest or they may build it up.
Right, that's all I need to begin stage three.

I'll update on my journal page in the next week.

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:27 pm

POD...POD....POD cough! :lol: 8-) I'm going to start getting a bit shifty about what I upload here! :P I'm not wearing any pants if anyone would like to copy that trend too! :lol:
I could tell they aren't "pods" as I prefer to sand my holes and cover my grids if you get me! I take it as a compliment, keep up the good work! xx

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Just type "clear plastic cylinder" into Google and see what you find, they're so cheap lol :D.

Atta cephalotes (2019)
Camponotus detritus (2018)
Camponotus maculatus (2018)

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Then google the lids, and the drill bits, adhesive, mesh, vent frames, sanding bits and hinges then add them all up! :twisted:

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Britishants.com wrote:Then google the lids, and the drill bits, adhesive, mesh, vent frames, sanding bits and hinges then add them all up! :twisted:
No need, got over 50 drill bits, Tensol, Stainless steel mesh and sandpaper already :D.

Atta cephalotes (2019)

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Britishants.com wrote:Then google the lids, and the drill bits, adhesive, mesh, vent frames, sanding bits and hinges then add them all up! :twisted:
I already have drill bids, adhesive, mesh, sand paper and hinges, so all I have to pay for would be cylinders, lids and vent frames:
£30
But of course, the prices you advertise is still perfect because of all the work involved - if enever cut acrylic before but I'm guessing it's hard?
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Britishants.com wrote:POD...POD....POD cough! :lol: 8-) I'm going to start getting a bit shifty about what I upload here! :P I'm not wearing any pants if anyone would like to copy that trend too! :lol:
I could tell they aren't "pods" as I prefer to sand my holes and cover my grids if you get me! I take it as a compliment, keep up the good work! xx
Ha ha well you have tried to copy Antstore pods ;)
There's limited options available when you look for the bits, especially at the price you would want to pay.
Maybe I should start refining and selling them, I'll call then Terraformers :D That's my name!

Britishants.com
Worker

Post by Britishants.com » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Lol, I didn't copy Antstore! I copied Bert Holldoblers lab set up! Maybe you should start making them Raj, you could be a millionaire by next week! pmsl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leafcutter
Minim

Post by Leafcutter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Britishants.com wrote:Lol, I didn't copy Antstore! I copied Bert Holldoblers lab set up! Maybe you should start making them Raj, you could be a millionaire by next week! pmsl
You mean Formica123, he's the who owns the ant shop :D. I have no intention of stealing the market XD.

Atta cephalotes (2019)

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Leafcutter wrote:
Britishants.com wrote:Lol, I didn't copy Antstore! I copied Bert Holldoblers lab set up! Maybe you should start making them Raj, you could be a millionaire by next week! pmsl
You mean Formica123, he's the who owns the ant shop :D. I have no intention of stealing the market XD.
I think I'll just leave the pods to Sean haha
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)