Bitterlime's Acromyrmex octospinosis colony

Let everyone see the story of your colony(ies) over time. Pictures, developments, success and failures, what works / what doesn't, and your plans for expansion as time goes by!
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Bitterlime's Acromyrmex octospinosis colony

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:34 am

Eloise, we need to catch up sometime. Get your mum to chauffeur you through one day and drop you off. Im about to have 200 colonies delivered to the new ant room and a hand to look after them would be great. You are the closest to me after Jamie, you need to make sure you get a driving licence as soon as you can, I'm looking for an intern!!! Don't let all this school nonsense get in the way!!! :twisted:
Anyway, your new setup looks great, is the colony growing as you would have hoped? What about swapping for an Atta!! I should also have some Acromyrmex coronatus in March and some Atta laevigata early April. Speak soon.

Bitterlime
Minim

Post by Bitterlime » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Andyj wrote:Looking good :) Has the soil dried out a bit now from how it was. And do you loose many from drowning ?
I let the soil dry out a bit! Now that you mention it, there seems to be a many more ants drowning at the moment, there are quite a few dead ants in the water!

Bitterlime
Minim

Post by Bitterlime » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Eloise, we need to catch up sometime. Get your mum to chauffeur you through one day and drop you off. Im about to have 200 colonies delivered to the new ant room and a hand to look after them would be great. You are the closest to me after Jamie, you need to make sure you get a driving licence as soon as you can, I'm looking for an intern!!! Don't let all this school nonsense get in the way!!! :twisted:
Anyway, your new setup looks great, is the colony growing as you would have hoped? What about swapping for an Atta!! I should also have some Acromyrmex coronatus in March and some Atta laevigata early April. Speak soon.
Yes we do indeed! I would be more than happy to help out! My dreadful, stressful mocks are nearly over! The colony is definitely expanding so I'm happy :D I wouldn't mind swapping them for Atta, might be time for a change, although I have grown quite attached to this colony! I will do my best to get a driving licence as quickly as I can! :)

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Bitterlime wrote:
Yes we do indeed! I would be more than happy to help out! My dreadful, stressful mocks are nearly over! The colony is definitely expanding so I'm happy :D I wouldn't mind swapping them for Atta, might be time for a change, although I have grown quite attached to this colony! I will do my best to get a driving licence as quickly as I can! :)
Now i'm really really jealous, trust me to live at the opposite end of the country in sunny devon where it always rains.....grrrrrr

Bitterlime
Minim

Post by Bitterlime » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

Andyj wrote: Now i'm really really jealous, trust me to live at the opposite end of the country in sunny devon where it always rains.....grrrrrr
:lol: Sorry Andy, but look on the bright side at least you are not having to try and learn two years worth of information for 8 different subjects and cram it into your head before having to regurgitate it onto paper!!! :cry: Visiting Andrew's new ant room is something for me to look forward to!!

Formica123
Sub-Major

Post by Formica123 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:15 am

Andyj wrote:
Bitterlime wrote:
Now i'm really really jealous, trust me to live at the opposite end of the country in sunny devon where it always rains.....grrrrrr
Trust me to not even live in that country !
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)