Some close ups of my colonies

Let everyone see the story of your colony(ies) over time. Pictures, developments, success and failures, what works / what doesn't, and your plans for expansion as time goes by!
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Some close ups of my colonies

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:24 pm

This is the closest I think I will get to showing any colonies in this section. Simply because I don't have any colonies I am keeping for myself! Thats because I spend long periods of time in Trinidad so I am not able to look after one properly. These pictures were closeups of a colony which is now in South Korea, which started to conveniently build its fungus gardne on the top of the tub!

Hope you like them.

Deansie26
Major

Re: Some close ups of my colonies

Post by Deansie26 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:52 pm

Absolutely amazing pictures!
Can I borrow your camera ha ha

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Ace it makes you feel like your in the nest with them and you get see the fungus so close as well what it looks like

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:52 am

deansie26 wrote:Absolutely amazing pictures!
Can I borrow your camera ha ha
:) trust me, camera helps but its the person behind it that gets the shot. In the list of priorities camera comes way bottom when it comes to grabbing a stunning shot.
And I will say no more :)
Andrew, confirm it for me please that I am right :)
Meet the he majesty the queen

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:17 pm

I suppose I agree, I think. I have always taken the view that if you are rubbish at taking pictures get the best camera you can find and let it do all the work. This approach has worked well enough for me in the past. And if the pictures are bad at least everyone oohs and aahs at the size of your camera when you pull it out!!! :x
By the way Ayub, your last two pics did not come through.

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:I suppose I agree, I think. I have always taken the view that if you are rubbish at taking pictures get the best camera you can find and let it do all the work. This approach has worked well enough for me in the past. And if the pictures are bad at least everyone oohs and aahs at the size of your camera when you pull it out!!! :x
By the way Ayub, your last two pics did not come through.
Ha ha lmao

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks Andrew,
I don't know why my images are not coming up sometimes, I will have to check properly the strings when attaching them.
Anyway must be karma telling me leave Andrew's thread alone :), and I need to get my own.
Was brilliant getting to talk to you and look forward to more brilliant ideas, and photos of course :).
Talking of photos I have some of the A colombica taken last night as I mentioned and will process them and put them up, on a separate thread by the way, just so I am clear haha.