AndyJ's Buggery room

Let everyone see the story of your colony(ies) over time. Pictures, developments, success and failures, what works / what doesn't, and your plans for expansion as time goes by!
Andyj
Site Admin

Re: AndyJ's Buggery room

Post by Andyj » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 am

Thanks Richard.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:48 am

Looks magic Andy, mat on the side and you will be sorted.

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Cleaned the loo out this morning, it was exactly the same texture as chocolate brownies. I was expecting this to smell but it didn't so maybe it does if dumped in water. I think ill keep the loo as it is.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Andyj wrote:Cleaned the loo out this morning, it was exactly the same texture as chocolate brownies. I was expecting this to smell but it didn't so maybe it does if dumped in water. I think ill keep the loo as it is.
You need some commensals in the dump chamber! There are some very rare and expensive beetles that you find in dump chambers that are very difficult / impossible to breed or rear because most people do not have access to dump chambers. You should research these and get some larvae. The larvae will raise themselves in your dump chamber. Might be a perfect arrangement.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Andyj wrote:Cleaned the loo out this morning, it was exactly the same texture as chocolate brownies. I was expecting this to smell but it didn't so maybe it does if dumped in water. I think ill keep the loo as it is.
You need some commensals in the dump chamber! There are some very rare and expensive beetles that you find in dump chambers that are very difficult / impossible to breed or rear because most people do not have access to dump chambers. You should research these and get some larvae. The larvae will raise themselves in your dump chamber. Might be a perfect arrangement.

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Well the ants are well under way to fill the third pod and at surprising speed. Number one pod had declined slightly as the ants were taken some of of it to construct the new gardens with, but that now has began to grow again. It had become white and unhealthy looking but now looks good again. For a few weeks the ants had blocked the tubes before the T piece with loads of dry Bramble leaves that they didn't use. This made passage difficult but perhaps they were regulating the humidity. As you may be able to see in the picture condensation is quite high but i have added no water but at last the pipes have been cleared by the ants so condensation may go down.

Sprouts, Cabbage, Kale and Bramble are all in Vogue at the moment and also a carrot after it had been ignored for 2 weeks was taken. Also the dump is Half full again.. didn't take long.

RichardP
Worker

Post by RichardP » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:58 pm

Looks great Andy... The growth is quite amazing...

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Great update Andy, that's a cracker of colony you have going now.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks chaps. I have another 4 pods i could add but i may just use a big tank instead. Not sure yet. Also want to make them walk further or farther, as the colony is very active now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:31 pm

My girls have been busy removing soil and clay balls from the pods perhaps in an attempt to make more room. I need to give them a bit more space but they are going to have to hang on to what they have until after xmas..

Little piccy of one of one of girls :)