Trinidad Trip

Post here for any notes or records of sightings in the wild. Behaviour, nuptial flights etc, everything about these ants from the Tropics!
Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Trinidad Trip

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:45 pm

On 24th December I am off to Trinidad for 3 weeks.
Purpose of the trip is to restock. I will also be taking loads of pictures and I will spend time posting. We are on internet there now so I can be as active as usual during the trip. If you have any requests or want to see anything in particular then post something here and I will do my best. I am planning to film the process of digging up a colony from start to finish but that will probably have to wait until I return becasue I cannot upload films with my crappy connection out there. Dont think there will be any nuptial flights, wrong time of year but there may be very small Attas around. Its a great time of year to go to Trinidad because all of the rains have fallen and it is right at the start of the dry season so just about everything that lives in Trinidad is at its most numerous. Would love to organise something for members of the forum in the future.

Formica123
Sub-Major

Re: Trinidad Trip

Post by Formica123 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:08 pm

If you could find any tiny Atta colonies then I would definitely purchase
I keep over 20 species of ant, inc. Acromyrmex Octospinosus
Owner of AntKeepingShop (www.antkeepingshop.weebly.com)

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:43 pm

I know there more out at night time but it would be great to see a short clip of larger colony collecting leaves, on the march as such if that's possible. Looking forward to the dig video, will be interesting to see it done.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Yes, I will set up a timelapse if I can and film a colony over a period of time. Also get some shots of really big colonies going at it hard!

Atta solider
Worker

Post by Atta solider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Be great see the dig video shame we all can't come help out be ace to do help dig out massive colony and seeing there chambers etc